GREAT WORDS OF WISDOM:
RT: You talk about so many important social and economic issues in your work; do you have a dream today? If you could see one of those aspects changed which one would you pick? What do you wish you could see happen in the United States?
MAJ: There is never one thing… Because of the system of interconnectedness and because one part of the system impacts another part of the system, and because, what Antonio Gramsci called hegemony of the ideological system impacts other parts of the system. You cannot change one thing that will impact all things. That is one of the lessons of the 1960s, because the civil rights movement was talking about integration and changing the schools. In point of fact if you look at the vast majority of working class and poor black kids in American schools today, they live and spend their hours and their days in the system profoundly as segregated as that of their grandparents, but it is not segregated by race, it is segregated by race and class.
The schools that my grandchildren go to are worse than the schools I went to when I was in my minor years and my teenage years. That’s a condemnation of a system but because former generations only concentrated on one thing or one side of the problem. The problem has really got worse and worse and worse. And while there is a lot of rhetoric about schools, American schools are a tragedy. – Mumia Abu Jamal, in an exclusive interview with RT: Big Brother ‘legal’ in US: Mumia Abu-Jamal exclusive to RT: http://bit.ly/IqHbzc, Published: 10 April, 2012, 10:28
On-line Video Conference. Keep the date open! Don’t mourn, ORGANIZE!
T I P S O N H O W T O O R G A N I Z E :
1. Organize A SOLIDARITY EVENT!
Invite friends and family to tea or dinner and watch this historic event of Africa rising on Saturday, April 21, 2012, to join us on-line to prepare and brainstorm together. Start a Free Mumia Cell, hold your first meeting, and share your deliberations with us!
2. You may contact: Working Committee » Towards…OCCUPY FOR MUMIA & END MASS INCARCERATION, Belgium
Pan-Africanist International <firstname.lastname@example.org> And Or, iamwe: <email@example.com>
3. Invite friends and family, not only to watch, but to be participants, rather than spectators, in this historic event that could well be some of the early warning signals of the rising of the sleeping giant! Be a part of this global movement of Africa rising!
4. Enough is certainly not less than enough! Please think of ways that you can help. Send us ideas, projects, feed-back, criticisms, or suggestions…
Pan-Africanist International: firstname.lastname@example.org
And Or, iamwe: <email@example.com>
5. Simply help spread the word by sharing this poster with friends and family and drawing the attention of the world to the event!
6. Click to watch and “like” the promotional videos in the comments section below!
For Life, the Environment, and Social Justice!
Social Media Outreach
Pan-Africanist International – a grammar of Pan-Africanism and its manners of articulation!
Please WATCH VIDEO and pay much attention to the RECOMMENDATIONS at the END!